Today's blogging prompt is "Why did you decide to take the challenge?"
I decided to take the challenge for a few reasons:
- I'm a cloth diaper blogger. It would be kind of lame if I didn't do this!
- Connect with other cloth diaper bloggers.
- To show that cloth diapering can be done even in less-than-ideal conditions
- To practice for worst-case scenarios like marshall law or storms of the century. Ok, I'm sort of kidding, but with all the crazy things that have been happening in the world lately (Boston, blizzards/hurricanes), this does seem a little more real. Just call me MacGyver.
- To try again after a difficult time with the flats challenge while moving across the country two years ago.
- Because I actually love flats.
Since Penny uses the potty, I am just working with one kiddo, and Olive is only 4 months. It's a nice age for this challenge because the breastfed poo is relatively easy to work with. No washing so far since it's just the morning of day 1, but stay tuned. I am planning to wash every night this time around. I think one of my challenges last time was that I waited until I was almost out of diapers so that I only had to wash a couple of times. But that resulted in huge loads of diapers to wash, which was exhausting and hard. Plus, I was washing in a hotel room. This year, I think one of the biggest challenges for me will be to blog every day this week. Since having Olive, I have become sort of a once/week blogger, but I will do my best. Two kids and gorgeous weather makes me want to get out of the house instead of tapping away on my computer!
Who's playing along? Anyone?